Friday, July 25, 2014

Spending Nathaniel's Money

We had a registry for stuff for Nathaniel. We mostly created it because the store where we made it was having a promotion that gave a small percentage of money spent on the purchases of items off the registry back about a month after the baby was supposed to be born. We figured we would use it ourselves as a list of things that we could use or needed to be replaced after Abby, not expecting to have a shower for Nathaniel since he was our second child. It turned out that friends from church threw us a shower and people were really generous so we actually got quite a bit off of our registry.

Even after returning a lot of stuff after Nathaniel died, I still got a gift card in my email a little over a month after his birth. It was about a week after the group from church had gone to Guatemala so we didn't have anything to use it on. I was planning on maybe using it to buy a baby gift if I needed one. (There are a few people who we know who are pregnant.) But I haven't been invited to any baby showers and none of the babies are born yet.

The gift card has an expiration date. That date is coming up. Quickly. So I figured that we need to go use it. Since I have been thinking about Operation Christmas Child boxes, we decided to use it to buy stuff for that. So tomorrow we are going to make a trip to the store as a family and see how many things we can find to buy with that gift card. I hope there's a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment