Wednesday, July 30, 2014

My Pain is His Pain

At church we have been going through the sermon on the mount for months. I don't remember if it started before or after Nathaniel died, but every single week it's something that I need to hear. This past Sunday the sermon was on Matthew 7:7-11.


Our pastor said something that stuck with me. He said that if we are God's children that our pain is His pain. He knows it, He feels it, and it hurts Him. I had never before thought that what I am going through now is painful to God too. It helps to know that He hurts for me and with me. That doesn't mean He is going to take the pain away. I don't know that I would really want Him to anyway.

(If you would like to listen to the message, they are recorded each week and put on the church's website. You should be able to listen to it online soon.)

No comments:

Post a Comment