Friday, July 11, 2014

Missing the Mundane

I wrote this the other day, but hadn't posted it yet.

I've had a lot of dreams about Nathaniel lately. This morning I was dreaming about him right before I woke up. I was dreaming that we were at church. I was feeding him and then he needed his diaper changed. I felt myself waking up and the dream fading. I really didn't want the dream to end. I wanted to sleep and sleep and keep doing normal things for him since I can't in real life.

Dave decided that the one thing that we wanted to do for
Nathaniel at the hospital was change his diaper. One of
the nurses took pictures of Nathaniel's only diaper
change ever.
One thing I was looking forward to with Nathaniel was changing his diapers. I know it sounds strange, but it's true. We used cloth diapers with Abby, but some of them were very girly so I had gotten some new ones for him. I was so excited to use the new newborn diapers I had bought. They were so tiny and cute. They were all ready for him in baskets in his room. There was one with bikes on it. I really wanted to use that one. I had considered bringing some to the hospital with us, but really didn't want to come home and do a load of laundry right away so I didn't pack them. He didn't need them anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment