Saturday, June 21, 2014

Writing Through Tears

Today at the Stillbirth Summit there was a writing workshop. We read a poem and then everyone chose a line and started free writing from that line. It was interesting to hear what other people wrote. I didn't share mine then. I didn't think I would be able to get through reading it. (Tears were dripping off my face while I was writing it as they often are when I write.)

I thought I would share it here. Maybe it will be helpful to someone else. So here it is.

You are mine. You will always be mine. I will never forget you. I won't let others forget you either. You will live on through me and our family and the things that we do for others and the words that I write for others to read. You will have a legacy. A great legacy.

We had you for a short time, but I will see you again. I will live with you forever. I can't wait for the day when I get to meet you for real. I get to see your eyes and hear your voice.

What will I say to you? I will tell you how much you were loved and how you were missed every day for the rest of our lives. I will tell you about your family and all the other people who loved you so much though none got to meet you. 

I will have an eternity to make up for the lifetime that I missed with you here on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment