Saturday, June 14, 2014

So Many Families Missing Babies

The other day we got a newsletter from our grief group at the hospital. It was the first one we have gotten so I didn't know what to expect. It was surprisingly thick because in it there was a list of all the families that are part of the group and the names of the babies that they lost. I counted all of them and there were 190 babies listed. I was surprised that there were so many. I have only seen two other people at the group when we have gone.

So many babies lost. So many families hurting and that is just from one hospital. Nathaniel was the only one listed from this year. I hope that no more names will ever be added to the list, but I know that is not realistic. There will be more. Probably this year.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't that so sad? It happens so often, too often. But many people do not talk about it, so it is always a shock to see how many babies have been lost. Our hospital does a walk every year for the babies who have been lost and they said last year they had about 500-600 people come (and most families never make it).

    ReplyDelete