Tuesday, August 5, 2014

It's Back

I had terrible insomnia for weeks after Nathaniel died. I would wake up nearly every day in the middle of the night and not be able to go back to sleep for hours. I would wake up and start thinking of things instantaneously. I couldn't stop the thoughts and go back to sleep. It was terrible. Eventually I was prescribed sleeping pills to help. After a week or so of those I was able to 8 hours of sleep again and slowly I stopped taking them.

I haven't had problems sleeping for a few months. Then in the last week or so I am back to waking up early, or in the middle of the night, with a head full of thoughts that I can't turn off. Yesterday I was pretty much up for the day at 3:30. Today was early too, but at least the sun was up.

I have a lot on my mind right now. I need to figure out a way to deal with it during the day so that it doesn't effect my sleep. I don't do well on little sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment