Saturday, May 24, 2014

Nathaniel Remembrance Days

I had a very hard time on the first month anniversary of Nathaniel's death. Since he was born in February, it was also a Thursday which made it doubly hard. I hadn't though of anything to do that day to make it different. It was too overwhelming. It was a Thursday so we went to story time at the library like normal. I cried. We came home and I cried.  I don't remember what else I did that day. I just remember lots of tears.

I didn't want a repeat of that every month so I decided to start doing what I am calling "Nathaniel Remembrance Days" so now on the 6th of the month Abby and I, and whoever else can join us, are going to do something fun to remember him. So far this has worked well. I have had something to look forward to on the 6th instead of just the reminder that he has been gone another month.

I haven't come up with an idea for June yet. It needs to be something special that we wouldn't do any other day. Any ideas? We have so far gone to the botanic garden and the zoo.

1 comment: