Wednesday, May 28, 2014

I See Loss Everywhere

I read a lot of books. I don't recall reading much about dying babies or children in the books I chose in the past. Since Nathaniel died, I think every single book has the death of a child somewhere in it.  I didn't choose the books because they were about baby loss. They weren't about that, at least not according to the summary on the inside cover. They were random novels chosen mostly from the new book section at the library. One was a young adult bestseller.

In the book I am reading now a mother loses a baby on page one, sentence number four. It really isn't terribly relevant to the story so maybe had I read it four months ago I would have not remembered it. Now it sticks out. Am I just more sensitised to it now or is it really everywhere?

People lose babies all the time. It's really fairly normal. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that now that I am living it that I should see it everywhere I look.

No comments:

Post a Comment