Sunday, May 25, 2014

Goats and Ice Cream

A couple nights ago Dave and I had a conversation that went something like this:

Dave - "Should I quit my job so we can go to a third world country to start an orphanage?"
Me - "Nope. I don't want to live in a third world country."
Dave - "What about a second world country?"
Me - "Maybe"
Dave - "What's your passion?"
Me - "I don't know."
Dave - "Do you like kids? Do you like teaching kids? How about teenagers? Do you like reading books? To kids? What about having an ice cream store? We could milk goats and make ice cream. Kids like ice cream."

So what is my passion? I was thinking about this for a long time. I think I know what it is now. I need to help people and I need to give them hope. I don't know what that is going to look like.

I don't want to leave everything here and move, especially not to a third world country. Is that where God wants us? I hope not, but if it is I will go. I don't want to, but there's a lot I'm doing now that I don't want to do. I would even milk goats to make ice cream.


No comments:

Post a Comment