Monday, October 6, 2014

An Unexpectedly Good Day

I was thinking on the way home from grief group tonight that today was a really good day. It wouldn't appear that way to many people. My day started with going to a funeral and ended going to a grief group. But it really was a good day.

At the funeral in the morning I got to be with some of my good friends to support them on a really hard day. I was reminded of Nathaniel and cried a lot through the morning, but that's ok. I was there. I understand how important just showing up is.

In the afternoon we went apple picking as a family for Nathaniel Day and had a lot of fun. Grandma was able to come with us too. We had a fun time outside on a beautiful fall day.

Then to end the day I went to grief group. There I was able to share a lot about Nathaniel. I had brought my book and by the end of the night nearly everyone had read it. I got so many hugs and was able to tell people about all the things we are doing because of Nathaniel and the legacy that he has already.

No comments:

Post a Comment