Thursday, September 4, 2014

Waiting

It seems that in dealing with the cemetery they are either really fast (picking a plot, finding a date for the service) or really slow (getting a marker made). We ordered Nathaniel's stone in the beginning of May. We were told that we would have a proof by the end of the month. We got one in August. Since it  took so long I kind of just wanted to say it was fine and get it made, but it wasn't fine. The font bothered me. I figured we were paying for it and if it bothered me now it would probably bother me years from now so we told them and they are going to redo it.

It's been a few weeks now. I figured we would have it back already, but we don't. It should take about 5 minutes to change a font, but realistically it will probably be months before we see anything again. When we do, I probably won't like it. Even if it's exactly what we picked it won't be what I want. Nothing would be.

I don't want to be picking out a headstone for my son's grave. What I want is for him to be here with us, but he's not and he never will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment