Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Saying Goodbye to New Friends

Dave and I have been going to a weekly GriefShare group at a local church since September. Last night was unexpectedly the last session (originally scheduled to end, skipped a week, were going to meet one more time next week). We didn't know that it was going to be the last week until after we got there. I actually went by myself last night. Usually Dave's mom is able to babysit, but she couldn't yesterday. If we had known that it was the last week we would have tried to find someone else. (That was going to be the case next week.) He really wanted to be there for the last week.

It seemed everyone was a little thrown off by it being the last time we were going to meet. We all seemed extra emotional. Even the leader cried at the end. She said she never does that. We had talked a few weeks ago about all getting together in January some time. I hope that actually happens. I'm going to miss seeing all my new friends every Monday. They will all definitely be on the invite list for any birthday celebration we have for Nathaniel in February. They would probably come too.

No comments:

Post a Comment