Monday, December 15, 2014

Feeling Overwhelmed

Abby took this picture of me this morning. This is how I feel right now. Buried.
Christmas is coming soon and I'm feeling overwhelmed. I have so many things to do and don't feel like I can do any of them. I shouldn't have taken on so many things.

Making lots of Christmas presents this year was probably not the best of ideas. I didn't really think much of it when I made the decision, and it probably wouldn't have been a big deal if I had started working on them right away, but I didn't. I started last week on everything besides the ornaments (those were a much bigger job than I original thought too). So now I still have two presents to make that need to be mailed so they really need to be done in the next couple of days and at least one more needs to be bought to be shipped with them.

I made a list this morning of all the things that I need to get done. It was way more than I originally thought. (Since making the list I did cross off 3 things so it is helping, but that doesn't make it any less overwhelming.) I don't think it's going to all get done without me staying up way to late every night and exhausting myself. I'm going to either have to not do some of them until later, get help, or not do them at all.

Dave is going to be home starting Wednesday. That could be helpful except he has a project that he is planning to do while he is off. He is going to replace the tile in the bathroom. That will take days and while he is doing it Abby and I are going to go stay at his parent's house. So really anything that needs to be done needs to be done by Wednesday or Thursday.

On top of all of this Dave wants to do something as a present for Nathaniel. I think it's a great idea. I'm all for it, but I do not have the energy to think about it at all. So if it's going to happen it's up to him and he knows that.

And Nathaniel's birthday is coming up in less than 2 months. I want to have some sort of party. I don't know what, but we need to figure that out soon too. It will have to wait until after Christmas. I just don't have the capacity to think about it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment