Monday, June 23, 2014

A Star For Nathaniel




At the Stillbirth Summit there were stars hanging from the ceiling in the lobby. Each one was submitted by someone around the world who had lost a baby. There were hundreds and hundreds. I had submitted Nathaniel's name a long time ago so I knew his star was there somewhere. I didn't get a chance to look for it when we got there in the morning. The conference had already started. Then at a break Dave was standing at the edge of the stars. I went over to him, looked up, and there it was. It was quite a ways above my head and moved around a lot so it was hard to take a picture, but eventually I got a good, clear one.



More stars in the lobby, hiding in the corner.
After the conference was done another couple was looking for their daughter's star. They were looking for a long time and couldn't find it. Dave and I decided to help them look. We looked all over. After a while I looked way up high and I found it! I'm glad that I was able to help. I think they would have searched until they found it even if that took hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment