Thursday, May 15, 2014

Breaking the Silence

26,000 babies are stillborn every year in the US. Until it happened to us I didn't know that it was so common. I thought that it was something that happened in the past to people, something that you read about in history, but didn't happen anymore. Having gone through it I now know just how normal baby loss is. It seems that everyone who hears our story tells us that they had a loss, or their mother/sister/cousin/friend lost a baby. It is not going to be a secret in our lives. We are going to talk about it.

There is a movie premiering on Lifetime this weekend called Return to Zero. It is the story of a couple that loses a child through stillbirth and how that changes their lives. I know it will be hard to see, but I plan on watching it on Saturday night.


No comments:

Post a Comment